Sunday, February 11, 2007

Under Construction

I'm happy to say that my author/illustrator website is almost done. Still have a page or two of content to complete but it's almost ready to launch. Above is preview of my site's opening page. I've designed the site map, created page layout in photoshop and passed the files on to a very talented web guy named Alex. This arrangement has worked very well since I specialize in print work and he's very knowledgeable and skillful with web media.

I tried (really I did!) to learn dreamweaver (crash-course style) but I didn't catch on fast enough. I have since gained a profound respect for those folks who make coding, Java scripting and CSS managing look so easy! Me, I'm sticking to print until I am good and ready to devote time learning the ropes of web design. Hey, there's only so much time in the day to write stories and paint pictures. But I'm gettin' my website done... Stay tuned!

4 Comments:

Blogger Karen Lee said...

Hi Edna - Your home page looks so inviting! Great job - Karen

4:53 AM  
Blogger Ellen said...

OMG!!!!
Not only do I aspire to be a resident of Hawaii some day but I was reading your "Tag" answers and I also use to work for The Nature Company!! I haven't heard about that company in a long time.
Nice home page and thanks for the I-Fri challenge!
Aloha

8:26 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for visiting, Karen and Ellen! Wow, has it been this long since I posted here? I've been operating on my new blog for months. If you want to check it out it's: www.justsketch.com

Hope to see you there! :-)

9:55 AM  
Blogger Paula Scott Molokai Girl Studio said...

Aloha! I see you live in SF! I live here in NM, but we both know there are locals eveywhere! I love the IF topic that you submitted and hope to rise to the challenge! BTW, I'm from Moloka'i...

7:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home